Covid – 19
Have a Question?
At NewFilter.com, our highest priority is the health and safety of our customers and staff.
With the current events happening around the world we want to say that our hearts go out to all of those affected during this the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19). During these times, a large majority of customers are asking for higher merv levels due to the health crisis. However, although higher MERVs do trap more particles, there has been no scientific evidence to show that they offer more protection against COVID-19. If you do choose to use a higher MERV level, like merv 13, please be aware that they will need to be changed regularly. Due to more debris being caught, it restricts airflow sooner than a lower MERV filter. This can lead to your unit becoming less efficient and possibly causing other damage to your unit.
Please keep in mind, our MERV 11 & 13 filters use electrostatically charged media that is meant to stop virus carriers, however, it will not kill the virus. While we cannot say it’s safe to use for the purpose of masks, we can say that the filter media used in all of our cardboard framed filters (the ones that are ready to use, just slide into the furnace) does not contain fiberglass. The two filters that cannot be used are the A201-SGM-11R and A401-SG4-11R, those DO contain fiberglass. Our media has not been tested to be held against someone’s face and we cannot be held responsible for being used in a manner for which it is not intended.
Our company would like to share some of the steps we are taking in regards to our policies and procedures during this time as it relates to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Educating our employees on preventative measures provided by the CDC and WHO
- Increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices, such as additional wipe downs of all hard surfaces including the front desk, door knobs, office and our warehouse. (EXAMPLES)
- Providing additional resources that are available to guests and employees at our locations including hand sanitizers in the office, extra soap and paper towels in the restrooms
- Implementing heightened sanitation and hand washing procedures for all employees
We encourage our customers and staff to do the following:
- Wash your hands frequently and use a paper towel to dry them
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue
Though we are hard at work, please expect some delays in deliveries due to the high volume of online sales across the country during this time.
For more information about how to protect yourself throughout the course of this please see the links to resources below:
Thank you for being one of our loyal customers.